[fashion]

Hip Hop: A.La'Shae x
Tario Interview


GUD friend A.La'Shae sends over another interview with bay-area based producer Antario Holmes, the man behind Chris Brown's "Body On Mine," Flo Rida's "Come with Me" and Jacob Latimore's "This or That." Currently working with R&B songstress Alicia Keys and more, the young and talented hit maker gives us a little insight on himself and what's next for kid. S/O to A.La'Shae doing her thang!

Read the A.La'Shae's Antario Holmes interview in its entirety after the jump...

Where were you born and raised?

I was born and raised in Vallejo California!Tell us about your musically inclined backfround while growing up?I was born into a family of musicians and singers on my dads side and painters on my moms side. Ive always been into making music even before i knew how to do anything musical.Are there any composers, or artist who you looked up to growing up?I looked up to MJ and Quincy Jones, Stevie Wonder, Blackstreet, Tony Toni Tone, B. Cox, Timberland, Danja Hands, Oscar Peterson, and so many others.

Have you overcame any obstacles in life that made you only push harder in music? If so please share...

The biggest obstacle I pushed through was being homeless earlier this year for a month. 
I didnt want to go back home and give up on my dream so i stayed in my car for a month until I was blessed to be able to have a home to go to and some income to pay for rent.

What artist do you hope to work with in the near future?

I literally want to work with everybody from Kanye and Jay -Z to Taylor Swift and Sugarland.

Tell us about any current projects that you are working on...

Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Cody Simpson, Mario, Alica Keys...

Do you play other instruments than the piano? And how long have you been playing?

As of now I only play piano but the 1st instrument I learned to play was the drums but I’m super whack on drums now though. lol

Who was the very first artist you ever worked with and tell us about that experience?

First artist i worked with personally was with Chris Brown. It was the song "Body on Mine" that is on his latest mixtape Boy in Detention. The experience was cool he was mad cool and so was the whole vibe.

Where do you see your music within the next few years?

I would love to be the go to guy to come to for hits after hits after hits!

Tell us about your experience working on “Body on mine” By the way you are very talented lol...

Thank you!! but it started out with me coming into the studio early and laying down the track I then handed it over to my music partner Infinity and he add some of his magic on it. We left later to head over to the studio where CB was working out of and showed him some tracks. He picked out the “Body on Mine” beat and went straight in the booth to record the song!

What other producers, songwriters and/or artists do you see as your primary inspirations?

Right now my boy Infinity is helping me a lot with my production and pushing me to go hard. I’ve really just been inspired off life lately though. Like the beauty and struggles of it.

Do you see yourself branching out to do other things other than producing in the near future?

Yes, I’m trying now to get into television and film scoring.

What do you like to do for fun outside of working on music?

I love to hit up theme parks, hanging out with the homies, spending time with family when I can go back home, going to church, the beach and coolin with Same Toes.

What are top 3 knowledge/top 3 skills for Music producer?

Can take constructive criticism to better your craft, be able to adapt to change quickly, and to have fun with what you love to do.

Aside from talent, what qualities in an artist really stand out for you that make you want to work with them?

A cool personality and vibe.

What motivated you to get in this side of the music business?

Its been my dream since I was 13.Do you have odds habits when making music?I don’t think I have any odd habits when I make music. lol

What advice would you give to those aspiring to be producers?

Keep God first. No matter how tough it gets or however many times people tell you no NEVER give up and keep working to better your craft be the absolute best you can be cause if you think you know it all you’re wrong there is always new things to learn in music.

Any shoutouts?

S/O to my family, friends, Infinity, and to my best friend Dewey Tucker I’m pushing hard to keep the dream alive not just mine but his too, and a super special shout out to my Dad Andre Holmes he is the one that helped start my whole dream and has believed in me from the start I love that man so much thank you Dad.

Where can we find music you have produced?

Itunes/youtube “Come with me” by Flo Rida, “This or That” by Jacob Latimore, and “Body on Mine” by Chris Brown that song is on is new mixtape Boy In Detention.

Thank you to all of you who viewed this interview be sure to check him out and follow him on twitter @imtario
Hip Hop: A.La'Shae x
Tario Interview
Hip Hop: A.La'Shae x</br> Tario Interview
Reviewed by Unknown on 9/20/2011 12:00:00 AM Rating: 5
Image Link [https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IV-wchM6px0/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAJNk/rHXbM5SLpA0/s512-c/photo.jpg] Author Name [Geezus Muhammad] Author Description [Street Culture Enthusiast] Facebook Username [RickGPhotography] Twitter Username [geezusisdope] GPlus Username [104003336345269604168] Pinterest Username [gud_skunc] Instagram Username [geezusisdope]